söndag, juni 29

Liking San Jose

I have now arrived safely to San Jose. The last flight from NY to San Jose (5h) I spent drewling all over my face while sleeping and when I got here I was even more tired. They gave me an exit seat with more space for the legs, since I looked tall. Great with nice people!

In San Jose there was a person waiting for me and he took me to my hostel. The hostel was overbooked so we spent it in another place. I mean now me and Malin, another girl here from Finland,she had come earlier in the morning. I just fell asleep and woke up at 5 o clock this morning. I think the time difference is 9 hours back from Finland so it will take some time to adjust to this.

After a cold shower in the morning we went exploring San Jose. The streets are quite clean and they have to best names on the streets. THey are just number with a C or A saying if they are horizontal or vertical and then they have 2 main roads, and from that they use the uneven numbers (1,3,5...) for one direction and even numbers (2,4,6...) for the otehr one. So great when you don´t have to remember names, just numbers, and then you know how far away from the center it is. There are a lot of cows in the city. Plastic cows painted in different ways. Have taken a lot of pictures, will put them here soon.

It is much warmer here than I imagined, it is like warm, warm finnish summer and much more humid. I am now sittign in a skirt and my new submarine shoes and I am quite warm. I had some good chicken soup for lunch so my only probelm right now is that it is one o clock and it feels like 7 (so tired).

My first impression of the city is very good. My Spanish is not too bad and it is warm. I talked to Micke, it was not too expensive. Nothing is too expensive here, my soup and a juice was maybe 3,5 euros.

1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

Oj Michaela, ja e nog så avundsjuk på dig. Jag sku så behöva komma bort från allting här just nu. Det har hänt lite saker under helgen, ja ska berätta åt dig i ett mail, men nu måst jag fa och sova. Njut för min skull oxå. Saknar dig!