tisdag, november 4

Finnish rolemodel

I don't know how to start this post. So I'll just start it. I am semi-shocked. In Finland, we have a parliamentmember ( Don't excatly know the word in English, but a member of those who decide in Finland, the bigger one), and her name is Tanja Karpela. She got engaged for the 5th time this weekend. And she got divorsed maybe 6 months ago, and that was her 2 or 3 marriage.

First of all: An engagement is a promise of a life together and marriage. That is what it is. Not just a fun game where you sort of tell the world that you are with this person now, and then next year you are in love with soemone else and get a new ring.

If you have been engaged 4 times and not made it work, 4 times, there is probably something wrongwith you and commitment. Seriously. I believe that if you want something enough you can make it work, and you should, you should fight. Not just break up. And when you get engaged for the 5th time, maybe you should wait a bit longer than some months, since you should know yourself and know that you are maybe not the committed person, and of course you can change, but for the 5th time. Don't believe it.

I really think an engagement should be serious, should be for life, and it makes me angry that a person in her position (she is quite famous in Finland since she was miss Finland i 1991) takes it this lightly, and gets engaged for the 5 th time. I don't mind her living with the guy, but just be happy and don't get engaged inmediatly. This really makes me angry.

Inga kommentarer: