söndag, november 16

Milan - not at all as planned

Wau. Have had such a surreal weekend, it has been incredible, both in a good and bad way.

The start of the Milan trip did not at all go as planned, since I did not have my pasport with me (seriously tought I could go to Italy with my drivers license - you can't, not with ryanair). So I could not get on the flight (we had been driving for 3 hours there). I take the car and start coming back home, really sad, talk to Micke and get the great idea to try to get another flight.
I drove back to Helsinki, 2 hours, and got a Finnair flight from Helsinki to Milan, so I was there 5 hours later than the others and a lot poorer. It was such a nightmare day, these things never happen to me.

Today when we got back everybody had to suffer since the car was not in Tampere, but in Helsinki, so we took buses and trains and ooohhhh. And we got up at 3.15 to get to the plane that left Milan 6.30. Deadtired.

But the trip was so worth the money, we had so much fun, have lauged as an idiot, eaten great food, drunk good wine, a lot, coffees and some shopping.

My travel companions: my mom, her friend and his wife. The friend, Risse, was like a clowny 5 year old kid. Very entertaining.


The weather was great: Sunshine, around 13 degrees, no rain. Just lovely. The cathedral is called Duomo and we climed up 150 stairs to get to the roof. The view was of course amazing, but I was so afraid of being so high up so did not enjoy it so much. Prefer the ground.
Shop til you drop, at least almost. Did not buy so much, but better that way. This is a lovely baby colored shirt and a new witnerfall jacket. Trying to prove that I look like a russian tourist with the fur (luckily you can remove it).

Dead in the train on the way back.

Inga kommentarer: