söndag, april 26

To eat or not to eat

Sometimes I get so annoyed at my mom, almost like I hate her. I feel that now.

She lives in a pregnancy world 30-40 years back. At least that is what I feel. Today it is common knowledge, at least for pregnant people, that there are some things you should avoid eating and not eat so much of, since it can harm the unborn baby or lead to infections that can lead to miscarriage or birth to early which is also harmful. 30-40 years back people did not know of these things.

These things you should avoid eating are not many, and they do not effect my life in a big way. Some people are very worried of what they eat, and check all the products if they are okay. I am not, even if my mom seems to thinkg so, and apparently there is nothing worse than a daughter who thinks of what she puts in her mouth when she is pregnant. "Pregnancy is not a sickness (probably she tought so, since she has now said it a million times to me), and the only things you should avoid is smoking and drinking".

One of the only thing I am looking out for is not eating raw food, because of the bacterias that live there, in other words raw fish, meat and other raw products. For me it is no problem leaving out things like that, a bit sad sometimes, but if I that way can be surer that I won't harm our baby, it does not matter. I just wonder how I could live with myself if I knew I killed/harmed our baby? So better to avoid those things to be sure.

Unfortunatly my mom does not agree with me on this, and it makes me so, so angry. Because it has nothing to do with her. Nada.

Would/Did you eat stuff you know/knew could harm the baby?

1 kommentar:

Soffi sa...

Jag undvek nog det som man sku undvika, fick en lista från rådgivningen då. Ja, vid julen faktist så tog jag typ en skiva gravad lax, men annars så undvek jag det. Better safe than sorry! :)