torsdag, maj 21

Waitressing

Yesterday was a horrible day at work. Feel sorry for those who actually work there, since they probably have to go back there today, or then they were there on Tuesday. My body is totally dead from yesterday.

It was horrible because we had many customers, annoying customers and too few waitresses. The greatest thing I managed to do was to fell a tray of Pepsi, wine and a galss bottle of mineralwater between 2 tables. Luckily I did not hit anybody, and the fluid did not touch anybody, but the time it took to clean could have been spent better. Was quite ashemed, tried making sad jokes about the airport as a dangerous place... After this nothing worked. You know there are a lot of things for a waitress to do and many things to remember, so I hope no one thinks waitressing is an easy job. It is not. Yesterday I had 13 tables to look after, each table can seat 4 persons. For these tables I have to do: bring fork and knife, take orders, bring drinks, bring food, maybe bring some more drinks or something that is missing, ask for desert, take out coffees, bring the bill, clean the table from the plates and finally clean the table before the next customers come. That is about 8 tasks . And then when all the 13 tables want me to do some of the tasks, for example bring the bill, then it is chaos!!!

This morning I still somehow found the energy to be the perfect wife. Made some coffee and american pancakes for Micke to the bed. Tought that would wake him up. But no, he ate the pancakes, drank some coffee and continued sleeping.

Inga kommentarer: